20 Mart 2009 Cuma

Dedicated to All Retired Officials


It is time for a little bit fun. I was going to sing this song for IWBF referee Aharon Markovitz who retired in 2006. Now, he is a game commissioner. Unfortunately I couldn't sing it. Now it is time to share it with you.

YOUR GAME

And now, the end is near;
And so you face the final curtain.
My friend, I’ll say it clear,
I’ll state your case, of which I’m certain.
You’ve lived a life that’s full of basketball,
You’ve traveled each and every country;
And more, much more than this,
You refereed your game.
Mistakes, you’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
You did what you had to do
And saw it through without exemption.
IWBF planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
You refereed your game.
Yes, there were times, I’m sure you knew
When you called less than you could do.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
You ate it up and spit it out.
You faced it all and you stood tall;
And refereed your game.
You’ve called Gold Cups and Paralympic Games
You’ve had finals and tough games
And now, as tears subside,
You find it all so amusing.
To think you did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way
No, oh no not me,
You refereed your game.
For what is a ref, what has he got?
If not his mates, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record show, you took the blows
And refereed your game.
Yes it was your game.

Adapted by Utku Ertan from the song “My Way” by Paul Anka

Hiç yorum yok: